Webinar 22 - January 27, 2021
Meet the Commissioners
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM EST
As business owners, you want to know the individuals who are directly responsible for and involved in implementing policies and passing regulations that affect how you do business in Maine. Join us for an informative webinar featuring your Commissioners followed by an interactive Q&A session.
Commissioners who have confirmed:
Commissioner Heather Johnson, Department of Economic and Community Development
Commissioner Jeanne Lambrew, Department of Health and Human Services
Commissioner Amanda Beal, Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry
Commissioner Pender Makin, Department of Education
Commissioner Laura Fortman, Department of Labor
Commissioner Anne Head, Department of Professional and Financial Regulation
Commissioner Bruce Van Note, Department of Transportation
Major General Douglas A Farnham, Commissioner and Adjutant General Department of Defense, Veterans and Emergency Management
Executive Director John Rohde, Worker's Compensation Board
Director Hannah Pingree, Governor's Office of Policy Innovation and the Future
We will add more Commissioners as they confirm availability.
This event was held virtually on Zoom.
To follow are links that the presenters referenced during their talks:
1) Here is a link to "RREV" - a grant program that will provide Maine educators and school/district leaders with courses, training, and professional development in innovative design processes, education engineering, and other innovative thinking approaches - and, THEN, will provide them with funding to develop, beta test, and collect data on a variety of innovative methods and educational programs. We were one of 11 states to be awarded funds ($17 million) through a highly competitive federal grant that will support this effort. Our goal is to place Maine at the very forefront of education innovation, and the products developed will be shared nationally.
2) Check out "The Learning Space" - an original TV program featuring amazing Maine educators teaching lessons for kids at home.
3) Here's the link to our online learning platform (covers every grade level and every content area through interdisciplinary, project based units of study - free / open to all)...
4) SEL4Me is also free, online, open to all ... a K-12 Social/Emotional curriculum, providing universal access to high quality, educational lessons:
5) Here's a link to the Learning Facilitators that we developed in partnership with EMCC...
6) Retired School Nurses providing contact tracing: